Saturday, March 6, 2010

Food

I forgot one delicious little tidbit from yesterday. We are served very trabitional Korean food for lunch at our schools. Yesterdays meal was great overall: there was a sweet and sour chicken, a very tasty spout vegetable to go with the rice, and of course, soup. Now, the soup is what got me. I saw some students walk past with what appeared to be a large chunk of... something in a red broth. As I was being served the soups, I noticed very large pieces of... seafood, floating around in the soup. When I sat down, I found an entire half a crab (shell and all), and an entire half a fish (scales bones, spine and ribs stick out on one side, and all). They literally took crabs and fish, chopped them in half (possibly alive), and dropped them in the soup. I'm proud to say I tried, and also not ashamed to say that I did not eat very much. :)

1 comment: