Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Feels Like Home to Me

As Seth and I stepped out the doors this morning, we were blinded by white. There was snow covering everything. Apparently, snow is an abnormality in Daegu. My co-teacher, who drives me to school every morning, was unable to get all of the snow off of her car, so she took the bus to our meeting location, and we took the bus to school together. The bus ride is normally 30 to 35 minutes. It took us an hour. We saw one snowplow the whole way. We ended up being late to teach our classes, but it all worked out. The people of Daegu are unprepared for snow storms because they very rarely get them. Mrs. Lee said that the last time she saw so much snow was when she was a child. Although the snow was an anomaly for many of the Koreans, I felt right at home. It seemed like a typical morning in Minnesota.

Wish I could post pictures of it :(

-Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment